House League Preseason Workout and Evaluation Dates
On behalf of the Brampton Minor Basketball Association Executive Team, we would like to welcome players, parents, coaches and volunteers to the 2018-2019 Fall/Winter BMBA House League Season. This season marks our 40th Anniversary and we will be celebrating throughout the year. Please be advised that ALL registered House League players – MUST ATTEND the age appropriate preseason workout and evaluation sessions listed below.
Note: There is no evaluation sessions for our Small-Ball programs, a separate communication email will be sent out to all Small Ball participants.
LOCATION – Brampton Sports (Soccer) Centre
Atom (Born: 2008 – 2010) – Sept. 30th (9:00 AM – 11:00 AM) – Court 2 and 3
Major Bantam (Born: 2005 – 2007) – Sept. 28th (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) – Court 2 and 3
Junior Girls (Born: 2001 – 2004) – Sept. 28th (8:00 PM – 10:00 PM) – Court 2 and 3
Novice Boys (Born: 2009, 2010) – Sept. 29th (9:30 AM – 11:30 AM) – Court 2 and 3
Atom Boys (Born: 2008) – Sept. 29th (12:00 PM – 2:00 PM) – Court 2 and 3
Major Atom Boys (Born: 2007) – Sept. 30th (12:00 PM – 2:00 PM) – Court 2 and 3
Bantam Boys (Born: 2006) – Sept. 29th (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM) – Court 2 and 3
Major Bantam Boys (Born: 2005) – Sept. 30th (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM) – Court 2 and 3
Major Midget Boys (Born: 2003 – 2004) – Sept. 29th (5:00 PM – 7:00 PM) – Court 2 and 3
Junior Boys (Born: 2001 – 2002) – Sept. 30th (5:00 PM – 7:00 PM) – Court 2 and 3
***Dates are Subject to Change***
Practice dates and times will NOT be available until all the preseason evaluation sessions have concluded and teams have been selected. Your coach will contact you prior to the start of the season with details.
Only Players and BMBA officials will be allowed in the gym during the Evaluations due to safety and location capacity requirements.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION…
The BMBA has added more ways for you to stay connected!
– Check out the Calendar of Events to see what is happening each month during the season!
– Like us on Facebook @ BMBABrampton
– Follow us on Twitter @ BramptonBBall
– Follow us on Instagram @ brampton_basketball
– Follow us on LinkedIN @ BramptonBasketball
As a non-profit organization we are always looking for dedicated volunteers. To VOLUNTEER please email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Parents are advised to follow the “24 hour rule” implemented for the period immediately after the game which allows the coach time to focus on his/her players and at a more appropriate time, address parent/spectator feedback.
– Single use water bottles are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Players should use their REUSABLE water bottles at practices and games. In addition, water is the only fluid allowed in the gym and practice areas.
– Whenever possible, please refrain from calling the coach or convener around dinner time. Remember the coaches and conveners are volunteers who usually also work full-time and would like to spend some quiet time with their families. Please send an email inquiry and we will respond as quickly as possible.
– Be prompt when bringing players to practices and games and also when picking them up. Players should arrive 15 minutes before the start of their game.
– If your child wears eyeglasses, be certain that the lenses are shatterproof or plastic. You may also want to consider protective eyeglass goggles and a mouth guard.
– Time to time, teams will be required to provide one scorekeeper and one timekeeper for each game; parents are expected to fill these roles. This commitment is inherent to the success of the House League Program.
– Please become familiar with the convener/s for the division your child is playing in.
WELCOME TO FAIR PLAY
1. ENJOY THE SPORT AND THE COMPETITION.
2. CHEER AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.
3. VERBAL OR PHYSICAL ABUSE OF FELLOW PLAYERS, SPECTATORS, COACHES OR OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
4. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY OURSELVES.
5. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE FUN OUT OF SPORTS FOR OTHERS.
6. IF YOU DISREGARD OUR POLICY, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE OUR FAIR PLAY FACILITY.
Ontario Basketball Association (OBA) Fair Play Policy Statement
– All players are required to wear non-marking indoor shoes and the full uniform provided by the BMBA.
– NO JEWELRY is to be worn during basketball games or at practices. The referee or coach will ask players to remove all jewelry.
– Water is the best fluid for hydration. Remember, ONLY WATER is allowed in the gyms and practice areas.
– Swearing, gum chewing, flagrant and abusive behaviour or play etc. is NOT ALLOWED and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Infractions will be dealt with per OBA/BMBA Fair Play and Behavioural Guidelines.