WELCOME TO THE FALL/WINTER SEASON
On behalf of the Brampton Minor Basketball Association Executive Team, we would like to welcome players, parents, coaches and volunteers.
Please be advised that ALL registered House League players – MUST ATTEND the age appropriate evaluation session listed below.
Practice dates and times will NOT be available until the evaluation sessions have concluded and teams have been selected.
Note: No Evaluation for Jr. Small-Ball, a separate information email will be send out.
We hope your experience with the BMBA this season will be one of enjoyment and one that your child will remember fondly.
Only players and coaches are allowed in the gym during the Evaluations.
|Division||Year of Birth||Time||Date||Location|
|JR. SMALL BALL||2012-2009||TBA||OCTOBER 14||JIM ARCHDEKIN|
|BANTAM BOYS||2005||9:30 – 11:30 AM||
|BANTAM GIRLS||2005-2008||12:30 – 2:00PM||
|MIDGET BOYS||2003||2:30 – 4:30 PM||
|NOVICE BOYS||2009 – 2008||9: 30 – 11:30 AM||
|MAJOR ATOM BOYS||2006 – 2007||12:30 – 2:30 PM||
|MAJOR BANTAM BOYS||2004||9:30 – 11:30 AM||
|MIDGET GIRLS||2000- 2004||12:30 – 2:00 PM||OCTOBER 07||JIM ARCHDEKIN|
|MAJOR MIDGET BOYS||2002||9:30 – 11:30 AM||
|JUVENILE BOYS||2000 -2001||12:30 – 2:30 PM||OCTOBER 14||JIM ARCDKEIN|
FOR YOUR INFORMATION…
The BMBA has made changes to the executive staff and all newly appointed members are listed on the website.
The BMBA has added three more ways for you to stay connected!
– Check out the Calendar of Events on the main website page to see what is happening each month during the season
– Like us on Facebook at Brampton Minor Basketball Association
– Follow us on Twitter at BramptonBBall
As a not-for-profit association we are always looking for dedicated volunteers.
To VOLUNTEER please email email@example.com
– Parents are advised to follow the “24 hour rule” implemented for the period immediately after the game which allows the coach time to focus on his/her players and at a more appropriate time, address parent/spectator feedback.
– Single use water bottles are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Players should use their REUSABLE water bottles at practices and games. In addition, water is the only fluid allowed in the gym and practice areas.
– Whenever possible, please refrain from calling the coach or convener around dinner time. Remember the coaches and conveners are volunteers who usually also work full-time and would like to spend some quiet time with their families.
– Be prompt when bringing players to practices and games and also when picking them up. Players should arrive 15 minutes before the start of their game.
– If your child wears eyeglasses, be certain that the lenses are shatterproof or plastic. You may also want to consider protective eyeglass goggles.
– Each team provides one scorekeeper and one timekeeper for each game; parents are expected to fill these roles. This commitment is inherent to the success of the House League Program.
– Please become familiar with the convener/s for the division your child is playing in.
WELCOME TO FAIR PLAY
1. ENJOY THE SPORT AND THE COMPETITION.
2. CHEER AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.
3. VERBAL OR PHYSICAL ABUSE OF FELLOW PLAYERS, SPECTATORS, COACHES OR OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
4. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY OURSELVES.
5. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE FUN OUT OF SPORTS FOR OTHERS.
6. IF YOU DISREGARD OUR POLICY, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE OUR FAIR PLAY FACILITY.
Ontario Basketball Association (OBA) Fair Play Policy Statement
– All players are required to wear non-marking indoor shoes and the full uniform provided by the BMBA.
– NO JEWELRY is to be worn during basketball games or at practices. The referee or coach will ask players to remove all jewelry.
– Water is the best fluid for hydration. Remember, ONLY WATER is allowed in the gyms and practice areas.
– Swearing, gum chewing, flagrant and abusive behaviour or play etc. is NOT ALLOWED and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Infractions will be dealt with per OBA/BMBA Fair Play and Behavioural Guidelines.
I would like to thank the community of Brampton for their ongoing support of the Brampton Minor Basketball Association (BMBA) in allowing us to share our love for the sport of basketball with you.
President, Brampton Minor Basketball Association (BMBA)