House League Preseason Workout and Evaluation Dates
On behalf of the Brampton Minor Basketball Association Executive Team, we would like to welcome players, parents, coaches and volunteers to the 2021-22 FALL/WINTER BMBA House League Season. Please be advised that ALL registered House League players MUST ATTEND the age appropriate preseason workout and evaluation sessions listed below.
Note: There is no evaluation sessions for our Small-Ball or Beginner programs, a separate communication email will be sent to these participants.
2021 FALL/WINTER EVALUATION DATES
All evaluation sessions will held at Save Max Sports Centre, 1495 Sandalwood Pkwy E. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your session.
***Dates and Locations are Subject to Change***
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 25
Novice Boys & Atom Boys (2014 – 2011), 9:30am – 11:00am
Major Atom Boys & Bantam Boys (2009 & 2010), 12:00pm – 2:00pm
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 26
Major Bantam Boys (2007 & 2008), 11:30am – 1:30pm
Junior Boys (2006 – 2004), 2:30pm – 4:30pm
*Note, all Girls House League programs will begin in January 2022.
PLAYER & PARENT CONDUCT, NOTES AND INFORMATION
- Your coach will contact you prior to the start of the season with details with regards to jersey and weekly schedule. All games will be played on Sundays.
- Only Players and BMBA officials will be allowed in the gym during the Evaluations due to safety and location capacity requirements.
– Parents are advised to follow the “24 hour rule” implemented for the period immediately after the game which allows the coach time to focus on his/her players and at a more appropriate time, address parent/spectator feedback.
– Players should use their REUSABLE water bottles at practices and games. In addition, water is the only fluid allowed in the gym and practice areas. Single use water bottles are PROHIBITED.
– Whenever possible, please refrain from calling the coach or convener around dinner time. Remember the coaches and conveners are volunteers who usually also work full-time and would like to spend some quiet time with their families. Please send an email inquiry and we will respond as quickly as possible.
– Be prompt when bringing players to practices and games and also when picking them up. Players should arrive 15 minutes before the start of their game.
– If your child wears eyeglasses, be certain that the lenses are shatterproof or plastic. You may also want to consider protective eyeglass goggles and a mouth guard.
– Please become familiar with the convener/s for the division your child is playing in.
– All players are required to wear non-marking indoor shoes and the full uniform provided by the BMBA.
– NO JEWELRY is to be worn during basketball games or at practices. The referee or coach will ask players to remove all jewelry.
– Water is the best fluid for hydration. Remember, ONLY WATER is allowed in the gyms and practice areas.
– Swearing, gum chewing, flagrant and abusive behaviour or play etc. is NOT ALLOWED and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Infractions will be dealt with per OBA/BMBA Fair Play and Behavioural Guidelines.
WELCOME TO FAIR PLAY
1. ENJOY THE SPORT AND THE COMPETITION.
2. CHEER AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.
3. VERBAL OR PHYSICAL ABUSE OF FELLOW PLAYERS, SPECTATORS, COACHES OR OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
4. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY OURSELVES.
5. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE FUN OUT OF SPORTS FOR OTHERS.
6. IF YOU DISREGARD OUR POLICY, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE OUR FAIR PLAY FACILITY.
Ontario Basketball Association (OBA) Fair Play Policy Statement
FOR YOUR INFORMATION…
The BMBA has added more ways for you to stay connected!
– Check out the Calendar of Events to see what is happening each month during the season!
– Follow us on Instagram @bramptonbasketball
– Like us on Facebook @BMBABrampton
– Follow us on Twitter @BramptonBBall
– Follow us on LinkedIN @BramptonBasketball
As a non-profit organization we are always looking for dedicated volunteers. To VOLUNTEER please email email@example.com